Self Publishing Childrens Books - Writing Childrens Books and More with Laura Backes
Find out about self publishing childrens books, the CBI Clubhouse, writing childrens books and more in this exclusive interview with Laura Backes, the CBIClubhouse.com founder!
Only have time to watch one video? Scroll through the interview questions below to see what's covered in each video.
Video 1 Interview Questions
- We want to unpack the story of the CBI Clubhouse and all it has to offer aspiring children's writers but first, I'm curious, how many of your members have become published authors?
- Let's go back to the beginning of the story. You have all this experience writing children's books, as an editor and an agent - so why did you start the CBI Clubhouse? How did it come about?
- The CBI Clubhouse truly is a one-stop-shop for anyone who aspires to write for children. There's so much info packed into the sight it seems overwhelming but you guys have created this amazingly simple 1 - 2 - 3 System that literally takes you step by step through the process.
- I want to dive into each of the steps of your 1 -2- 3 System and have you tell us about the tools and courses that help writer's navigate their way to becoming published. But first can you tell us - I'm wondering, is your site for anyone, even those who've never written before? Maybe they just have an idea for a children's book but have never put it on paper?
Video 2 Interview Questions
- Let's unpack each of the Steps of Your System, the first is Writing. SO many people are interested in writing childrens books. This step seems obvious but tell us what's included in this step and why it would be important to go through it even if you have already written your book, story, or article?
- Step 2 in your system is Publish, can you briefly tell us about the different kinds of publishing available today and how CBI can help you go about self publishing childrens books or finding children's book publishers?
- Can you tell us a story about a member who is successfully self publishing childrens books or published to an eBook or an app?
- Step 3 is Promoting, which is a big one. These days, publishers want to know how you are going to help them promote your book. How does CBI help you wade through all the ways you can promote your book?
- Can you tell us a story about someone who was really green that came to your site and has since been published?
Video 3 Interview Questions
- When should you start promoting your book?
- What's the difference between publicity and marketing?
- Is it harder to break into the children's writing market than it is the adult market?
- Any final words of advice to those dreaming about writing children's books?
We've covered a lot today, but you guys have so much more available on your site like critique groups, an active forum, a monthly newsletter that publishes the latest writing opportunities, expert guides and more.
- How much does it cost to be a member and access all of this information?
Laura is graciously giving away a copy of the eBook, Writing for Children: 2012 that features some hugely successful children's authors talking about the trends impacting children's writers today, so be sure and click the link below to go grab your free copy.